Do you believe young people are prepared to become tomorrow’s leaders?
Are their scholastic results what they should be?
Would you like to see increased grade point averages?
Would you like to see them complete college on the 4-year plan instead of the 5- or 6-year plan?
Could we do a better job of preparing our young people to … climb higher, reach farther and perform better?
Leadership is essential in enabling youth to develop the character, confidence and values that promote the goal of healthy behavior. The Rising Stars process is designed to help today’s youth develop their personal leadership skills and begin to set goals and directions for their lives beginning at an earlier age. Leadership is essential in enabling youth to develop character, confidence and values that promote the understanding of healthy behavior.
Rising Stars is an innovative and unique inside-out self-development process. This research-based approach focuses on three critical elements that promote personal leadership, healthy behaviors and the skills employers identify as essential. These elements are developed, applied and reinforced throughout the process and through a follow-up process to strengthen and perpetuate successful behaviors.
Some of the many positive outcomes of Rising Stars participants include:
- Increased grade point average
- Academic performance and attendance increased
- High school completion
- Post secondary attendance and completion
- Participant successfully applies skills from their assessment
- Seeks out options from diverse alternatives
- Able to make goal-oriented informed decisions
- Communicates effectively in diverse situations (socially confident)
- Demonstrates leadership in various situations
- Team-player and/or leader
- Provides a vision and purpose to a cause
- Uses influence to obtain planned outcomes
How Rising Stars Works
- The process typically begins by helping the participants develop positive attitudes about themselves and about the possibilities that exist for them.
- In many cases, attitudes directly determine whether students turn a problem into an opportunity or succumb to it, and whether they behave in healthy ways.
- Goal achievement and interpersonal skills improve their ability to see how their present behavior affects their success now and in the future.
Special Support Features
These support features ensure that we meet our clients’ needs:
- Regular progress updates to client
- Unlimited access by telephone and email
- Any research to answer situations that arise during an assignment
- 30-day follow-up meetings with the client to review progress
- Unique 60-, 90-, and 120-day follow-up meetings with participants